Supervising Social Worker Fostering – Hove
SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER – predominantly covering the East Sussex (Brighton, Eastbourne, Worthing and Horsham) area.
- Supervising Social Worker (post AYSE) £28,000-34,968 per annum (depending on experience)
- Newly Qualified Social Worker (AYSE) £26,000 per annum
Regional Foster Placements is an independent fostering agency providing safe, high quality family placements to children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positives lives; the South Central regions last Ofsted report published in 2016 rated ‘good’ in all areas.
The Central Team covers East and West Sussex and we are looking for another committed Supervising Social Worker; ideally with a good knowledge of fostering legislation to join our dedicated and supportive team or a newly qualified Social Worker who is keen to join an Independent Fostering Agency.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster carers; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel.
- The support and supervision for our approved foster carers.
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households.
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster carers and presenting the reports to our fostering panel.
- Facilitating foster carer support groups and training
- The management of children and young people’s foster placement
- Partaking in the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required.
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities.
You will be joining a highly committed team with high ethical standards, a commitment to safeguarding children and to best childcare practice. You will receive supervision and an annual appraisal with opportunities for further professional and personal development.
You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current HCPC registration to be considered for this role.
- Mileage Allowance
- Realistic Care Loads
- Regular Supervision
- Training Opportunities
- Initially 25 days plus bank holidays annual leave
- Pension Scheme.
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of the agency.
For an informal discussion please contact Liz Barnes, Regional Manager on, 07827 815424.
The closing date for applications is Monday 1st July 2019. Shortlisting will take place on the 1st July and interviews will be held on the week commencing 8th July . (The date for interviews are subject to change; applicants who have been short listed for an interview will be contacted directly after the 1st July 2019)
To apply please download the following.
The closing date for applications is 01/07/2019
Please return to this page and upload your application form here:
Note: Do not send us your CV, you must follow the instructions above to apply otherwise your application will be rejected.