Assistant Team Manager – South West
Assistant Team Manager £39,563 – £42,605 per annum (depending on experience)
Regional Foster Placements is an independent fostering agency providing safe, high quality family placements to children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
The South West team covers Cornwall, Devon, Bristol, and Somerset. We are looking for another committed Assistant Team Manager and Social Worker; ideally with a good knowledge of fostering legislation to join our dedicated and supportive team. The successful candidate will mainly work from the Plymouth or Exeter Office as well as home.
The post holders’ duties will include:
The Assistant Manager will deputise and become point of contact when Regional Manager is absent or busy, this includes:
- the completion of schedule 6&7
- implementation of disciplinary and grievance policy
- attend meetings as directed by the Regional Manager
Further duties include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster carers; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- The support and supervision for our approved foster carers
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster carers and presenting the reports to our fostering panel
- Facilitating foster carer support groups and training
- Partaking in the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
You will be joining a committed team with high ethical standards, a commitment to safeguarding children and to best childcare practice. You will receive monthly supervision, an annual appraisal, a realistic caseload and opportunities for further professional and personal development. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
- Mileage Allowance
- Realistic case loads
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
- Initially 25 day’s annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Birthday leave – an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current HCPC registration to be considered for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Ann-Marie Baird, Registered Manager, on 07827818280.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 17th July. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date. Interviews are due to take place w/c 29 July 19.
To apply please download the following:
Please return to this page and upload your application form here:
Note: Do not send us your CV, you must follow the instructions above to apply otherwise your application will be rejected.