Administrator – Hove
Administrator required for a busy office.
Working hours 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Salary scale: £15,066 – £25,000 (experience dependent).
Regional Foster Placements is an independent fostering agency providing safe, high quality family placements to children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positives lives; the South Central regions last Ofsted report published in 2016 rated ‘good’ in all areas.
The Central Team covers East and West Sussex and we are looking for an Administrator to provide comprehensive support across a range of activities to team members. The Administrator will monitor and maintain KPI’s and budgets for Regional Foster Placements. This will involve the Administrator having direct contact with prospective and existing foster carers, children and young people, other professionals working within Children in Care services and other external agencies.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- To provide comprehensive clerical and administrative support that includes minute taking, word processing, data inputting and the presentation of spreadsheets.
- To act as a point of contact for all telephone callers and visitors to the office.
- To operate and maintain the effective functioning of the office: including taking messages, responding to emails, the receipt of and sending of post, ordering stationary, maintaining the office diary and equipment, fire warden (including testing & drills), office first aider and health and safety representative as well as other clerical and administrative functions as required.
- To provide administrative support to a team of social workers and support staff.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day processing and management of financial information, including the processing of payments (foster carer and expenses), commitments and projections.
- Requesting, following up and completion of DBS checks and references.
- The filing and maintenance of confidential files (paper and electronic) and that the information held on the agency’s computer system is up to date.
- Co-ordinating the distribution of agency welcome booklets, training programmes and information to carer’s and young persons.
- The organisation and booking of facilities for meetings, training events, participation events and any associated refreshments.
- To be Foster Panel Administrator, attending and ensuring the smooth running of the Foster Panel.
- Administration of foster carers annual interviews.
- Be the first point of contact for initial discussions with potential Foster Carers.
You will be joining a highly committed team with high ethical standards, a commitment to safeguarding children and to best childcare practice. You will receive supervision and an annual appraisal with opportunities for further professional and personal development.
- Mileage Allowance
- Training Opportunities
- Initially 25 days plus bank holidays annual leave
- Pension Scheme.
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of the agency.
For an informal discussion please contact Liz Barnes, Regional Manager on, 07827 815424.
The closing date for applications is Monday 1st July 2019. Shortlisting will take place on the 1st July and interviews will be held on the week commencing 8th July . (The date for interviews are subject to change; applicants who have been short listed for an interview will be contacted directly after the 1st July 2019)
To apply please download the following.
The closing date for applications is 01/07/2019
Please return to this page and upload your application form here:
Note: Do not send us your CV, you must follow the instructions above to apply otherwise your application will be rejected.